Table of Contents
Car accidents happen from a wide variety of causes and become so common in a variety of areas of the country. Unfortunately, with the continuity of entries to emergency rooms, it has been possible to obtain information to give reasons why they happen.
Because of that, in the legal area there are those experts who are dedicated to helping the victim who suffered this accident due to the recklessness of another subject, to obtain justice and monetary compensation. If this happens in the US, the victim can contact a personal injury lawyer Natick MA for assistance.
Causes of these types of accidents
It is not unusual to hear about a collision between two cars, these types of accidents are very common and happen in all parts of the country, for a variety of reasons. Although most tend to be of a lesser degree, there are thousands that sadly end in tragedy each year. Many of the most common causes for these accidents are the following:
- Distracted drivers: One of the most common causes of these accidents every year. This refers to when the driver does not pay attention to the road, and is easily distracted, such as checking the cell phone, programming the GPS, making changes to the vehicle radio, eating or getting ready while driving.
- Speeding: Something that certain drivers commonly do in times of emergency, to get to a place quickly or for fun. If the person drives beyond the posted speed limit, or on roads with poor conditions, this is putting the safety of the driver and passengers at risk.
- Driving while intoxicated: A bad combination, in addition to being very dangerous, is drinking and driving, unfortunately many people ignore that and do it. Driving in this state is one of the most common causes of car accidents in young adults. Alcohol prevents you from being able to concentrate, decreases the reaction time and the reasoning ability of the individual.
- Weather conditions: Driving at times when the weather is rainy, there is fog on the road, hail or snow falls can be dangerous for all drivers. These weather conditions can reduce visibility of the road and the road can become slippery, causing the driver to lose control of the vehicle.
- Defective Parts or Design Defects: Sometimes there is the possibility that the accident would be caused by a part that was recently replaced and found to be defective.
Injuries that normally happen in these accidents
These types of accidents affect the people involved in different ways. Some of them can have injuries that are resolved in a few days or weeks, while others can become so serious that they alter the lives of those involved forever. Some of those injuries suffered by the victims of these accidents are:
- Cuts by glass or parts of the vehicle
- Broken bones or damage to internal organs from the impact
- Burns from any liquid or if the car catches fire
- Injuries to the neck, back, spinal cord, or legs
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
It is always recommended that you contact the medical attention line after the accident, even if it is believed that the injuries were not so serious, the individual always has to be cautious.